Fun Filled Destination For All
As well as fun on the golf course, discover why Perthshire is one of the most popular areas in Scotland for family holidays and activities. Soak up the history, enjoy stunning views as you walk or cycle through forests and woodlands or push yourself to the limit kayaking, white-water rafting or canyoning.
As Scotland’s ancient capital, Perthshire is steeped in history and the scene of many historical events from the majesty of Scone Palace, the crowning place of Scottish Kings, to the superstitious carvings of the Picts.
An absorbing time awaits as you tour the historic buildings or visit some of the best known distilleries that are spread across this beautiful countryside.
For a taste of the many great experiences you can look forward to in Perthshire, watch this fast-paced video tour of Perthshire.
Great fun Perthshire attractions and activities for all the family
- Black Watch Castle and Museum - save 50% on family admission tickets
- Outdoor Explore - kayak tours, archery, canoe beaver safaris and more...
- Highland Safaris - your kilted Safari Ranger will share their passion for Nature, Culture, History and breathtaking scenery between 2000ft and 3000ft.
- Loch Tay Safaris - experience this unique boat trip, bringing the heritage and history of Loch Tay to life!
- Scone Palace - one of Scotland's most important stately homes with an exciting and colourful history.
- Scottish Crannog Centre - Discover what life was like 2,500 years ago at this unique reconstruction of an ancient loch dwelling.
- Nae Limits - 14 adrenalin-fuelled water and land adventure activities for unforgettable family experiences.
- Splash White Water Rafting - ranging from introduction trips to fun and adventure rivers such as the River Tay Aberfeldy and the River Tummel Pitlochry.
- Blair Castle - the ancient seat of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl and home to Europe's last remaining private army, the Atholl Highlanders
- Action Glen - Scotland’s newest outdoor adventure centre with more than 60 activities to choose from
- The Library of Innerpeffray - Scotland's oldest free, public lending library: a museum where you can literally touch the past.
- Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre - walk and talk with the animals and birds, the centre has activities for all ages indoors and out.
- The Birks Cinema Aberfeldy - community run cinema offering spacious, comfortable seating and state-of-the art digital projection and sound system.
(Posted on Wednesday 25th October 2017)